LUDI REI PUBLICAE - ART CONTEST (ENTRIES DUE MARCH 10)

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Marcus Flavius Celsus

LUDI REI PUBLICAE - ART CONTEST (ENTRIES DUE MARCH 10)

Postby Marcus Livius Horatius » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:31 am

SALVETE OMNES!

One year ago on this day (March 1) the patrician citizens of this Republic signed the Declaration (http://www.romanrepublic.org/wip/declaration.html). This act of unity, hope and civic virtue founded the Roman Republic! This act built upon the legacy created by one of our founders, Marcus Octavius Gracchus, who in 1998 launched the start of modern efforts to restore the ancient Roman Republic. Today the Roman Republic proudly carries on the efforts of citizen Marcus Octavius Gracchus!

One year ago Roman Restorationism was in decline. There was no unity, and much fighting and lack of virtue. From this darkness came this great act, an example for us all!

We have cause to celebrate!

Lex Claudia states that games are to be held to honor this founding, the Patrician order who created the Declaration, the Res Publica Romana, and the Capitoline and Archaic Triads (Iupiter, Iuno, Minerva, Mars, and Quirinius).

These games will Run from March 3rd to 10th.

The first game is as follows:

Create a piece of visual artwork (photo, picture, video) that honors the founding of the modern Republic.

This art should highlight our past and hopes for the future. It shall be judged by one of our key founders, Censor P. Iunius Brutus.

The prize will be 80 denarii for 1st, 40 denarii for second, 20 denarii for third. 2nd and 3rd place prizes will only be awarded if there are more than 6 entries. There can only be one entry for each citizen. The 1st place winner will also get an additional special prize mailed to them and donated by the sponsor of these games, Censor P. Iunius Brutus. Lastly, the first 1st prize winner will be honored as such on their citizenship profile page.

All entries should be uploaded here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1776 - by March 10th.

Valete!
User avatar
Marcus Livius Horatius
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: LUDI REI PUBLICAE - ART CONTEST (ENTRIES DUE MARCH 10)

Postby Octavia Aurelia Fulva » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Salve!!

This is really interesting and exciting! May I ask you what are the recommended dimensions width-heigh for the artwork and also, the desirable quality pixels/inch for it? Oh! And, will it be printed? To be sure about the color mode!

Thank you very much for your time!!

Vale!


N. Octavia Saturnina
User avatar
Octavia Aurelia Fulva
Bonae Deae / Triviae Sacerdos
Bonae Deae / Triviae Sacerdos
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:43 am

Re: LUDI REI PUBLICAE - ART CONTEST (ENTRIES DUE MARCH 10)

Postby Marcus Livius Horatius » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Numeria Octavia Saturnina wrote:Salve!!

This is really interesting and exciting! May I ask you what are the recommended dimensions width-heigh for the artwork and also, the desirable quality pixels/inch for it? Oh! And, will it be printed? To be sure about the color mode!

Thank you very much for your time!!

Vale!


N. Octavia Saturnina


Salve Octavia,

Glad to see your enthusiasm - I leave the specifics in your hands. It will be displayed on the web page.

Vale
User avatar
Marcus Livius Horatius
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: LUDI REI PUBLICAE - ART CONTEST (ENTRIES DUE MARCH 10)

Postby Octavia Aurelia Fulva » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:16 am

Marcus Livius Horatius wrote:
Salve Octavia,

Glad to see your enthusiasm - I leave the specifics in your hands. It will be displayed on the web page.

Vale


That is more than enough for me to start working, many thanks M. Livius Horatius!!
User avatar
Octavia Aurelia Fulva
Bonae Deae / Triviae Sacerdos
Bonae Deae / Triviae Sacerdos
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:43 am

Re: LUDI REI PUBLICAE - ART CONTEST (ENTRIES DUE MARCH 10)

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:29 pm

I made this rite for the Ludi, the song is of my composition (I will post the video later today):

"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
User avatar
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
 
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:56 pm
Location: Praia Grande, São Paulo, Brazil

Re: LUDI REI PUBLICAE - ART CONTEST (ENTRIES DUE MARCH 10)

Postby Octavia Aurelia Fulva » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:43 pm

I wish I had more time to properly work in something decent but time is up!

Here my own version of Vesta. It is a bit big the file so I leave the link


I hope I'm still on time!!
User avatar
Octavia Aurelia Fulva
Bonae Deae / Triviae Sacerdos
Bonae Deae / Triviae Sacerdos
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:43 am

Re: LUDI REI PUBLICAE - ART CONTEST (ENTRIES DUE MARCH 10)

Postby Marcus Livius Horatius » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:36 am

AVETE!

Our sponsor Censor Brutus has decided on a winner from the entries received.

Numeria Octavia Saturnina you are the victor of the second Ludi Rei Publicae!

80 denarii will be transferred into your account. Please send me a private message with the address your statue should be mailed.

A thank you to Sacerdos C. Curtius Philo for his wonderful ceremony. I have also transferred denarii into your account.

Thank you to all those who took the time to comment and think of our Republic. May this year continue upon the victories of the last! With this, I formally close this Second Ludi Rei Publica.

VALETE!
User avatar
Marcus Livius Horatius
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:51 pm

Re: LUDI REI PUBLICAE - ART CONTEST (ENTRIES DUE MARCH 10)

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:47 am

Marcus Livius Horatius wrote:AVETE!

Our sponsor Censor Brutus has decided on a winner from the entries received.

Numeria Octavia Saturnina you are the victor of the second Ludi Rei Publicae!

80 denarii will be transferred into your account. Please send me a private message with the address your statue should be mailed.

A thank you to Sacerdos C. Curtius Philo for his wonderful ceremony. I have also transferred denarii into your account.

Thank you to all those who took the time to comment and think of our Republic. May this year continue upon the victories of the last! With this, I formally close this Second Ludi Rei Publica.

VALETE!



Brutus Cen. Sal.

Great work Octavia! Just forward your address and we will get that statue to you ASAP!

I updated your profile page to reflect your victory! http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/citize ... urnina/338
User avatar
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur
 
Posts: 1334
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:54 am
Location: Pacifica Provincia

Re: LUDI REI PUBLICAE - ART CONTEST (ENTRIES DUE MARCH 10)

Postby Octavia Aurelia Fulva » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Thank you very very much!!!!
...Also thanks again!! A real pleasure and honor!! (I'm terrible with words when I'm euphoric, sorry!)

Valete!
User avatar
Octavia Aurelia Fulva
Bonae Deae / Triviae Sacerdos
Bonae Deae / Triviae Sacerdos
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:43 am

Re: LUDI REI PUBLICAE - ART CONTEST (ENTRIES DUE MARCH 10)

Postby Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Numeria Octavia Saturnina wrote:Thank you very very much!!!!
...Also thanks again!! A real pleasure and honor!! (I'm terrible with words when I'm euphoric, sorry!)

Valete!



Well done amica!!!
Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas
 

Next

Return to Main Forum