Provincial Governors' Assembly

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Lucius Curtius Philo

Provincial Governors' Assembly

Postby Publius Sallustius Quadratus » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:30 am

Procuratores Salvete!

I, Publius Sallustius Quadratus, have recently received the great honor from the Senate of the Res Publica Romana of appointment to the office of Procurator of Provincia Mississippia Borealis.

I am a fairly new citizen to the Roman Republic and I am still learning about how operations are conducted in the organization. I am eager to begin my term as Governor and to serve the people of my province to the best of my ability.

To this end I would like to invite the governors of all other provinces of the Roman Republic to join me in a Provincial Governors' Assembly, on this thread.

The purpose of the Provincial Governors' Assembly will be the following:

I. To create a special forum for provincial governors to communicate about their provinces with each other.

II. To facilitate in the organization and planning of inter-provincial cooperation, projects, meetings and games.

III. To support the open and fair discussion of all inter-provincial matters and or disputes related to commerce.

IV. To share ideas in successful governance and projects implemented in order to help other provinces reach their full potential.

I invite all provincial governors to join me in this forum and request of the censores that posting on this thread be restricted to Procuratores only.
P. Sallustius Quadratus
Publius Sallustius Quadratus
Governor of Mississippia Borealis

Re: Provincial Governors' Assembly

Postby Numerius Antonius Paullus » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:58 am

Save

I agree with my esteemed colleagues statement. This should be something that be looked Into. I suggest contacting a magistrate on this matter for advice as to how to proceed.

Vale

Numerius Antonius Paullus

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:40 am

Brutus Cen. sal.

One of the projects I could not finish in my Consulship was similar to the one you both propose.

See: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=616&p=3404&hilit=limes#p3393

I encourage you both and other Procuratores along with the Senate to team up and get this done. A very important project for developing our provinces for obvious reasons.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby Numerius Antonius Paullus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:37 am

Salvete Omnes

How, pray tell do you suggest my dear Brutus, where we should start with such an endeavor

Valete

Postby Publius Sallustius Quadratus » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:13 am

Salvete.

Consul Curio has informed me that this project is one of the initiatives he and Consul Philo are working on with the Senate. I hope we can see an official Senate resolution by the next meeting of the Senate.

Until that time I hope we can encourage other Procuratores from accross the Republic to gather here to give their input and share their ideas both about the establishment of the Governors' Assembly and whatever else they are doing in their own provinces.

I for one, am working to establish a collegium specifically for my province in order to have a board on RR.org that can serve as a provincial forum for the citizens of my province.

Welcome all Procuratores!
P. Sallustius Quadratus
Publius Sallustius Quadratus

Postby Marcus Livius Horatius » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:02 am

Salve,

I do not think approval by the senate is needed. As aedile I can approve any collegium application. Just fill out the application form: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_account/create

Why don't you, the consuls and other interested parties get together and draft the needed bylaws?

Bene vale,

Horatius
Marcus Livius Horatius
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:50 am

Curio Sal.

Yes, as Curule Aedile Horatius pointed out, the bylaws just need to be drafted and submitted. Once I have a rough draft drawn up, I will forward them to any interested party for review before submitting the application to the Aediles.

Vale Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Omnis enim ex infirmitate feritas est
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos