PROVINCIA MISSISSIPPIA BOREALIS - Official Provincial Forum

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Lucius Curtius Philo

PROVINCIA MISSISSIPPIA BOREALIS - Official Provincial Forum

Postby Publius Sallustius Quadratus » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:27 am

Citizens of Provincia Mississippia Borealis Salvete!

I am Publius Sallustius Quadratus, a citizen of Provincia Mississippia Borealis. It is my great honor to inform my fellow citizens that I have been chosen by the Senate in their fourth session, to lead our province as Procurator (Governor) of Provincia Mississippia Borealis.

I would like to begin by thanking the Senators and fathers of the Res Publica for honoring me with the great task. I am committed to working hard to improve Provincia Mississippia Borealis in every way I can and to support the citizens of my province in any way possible.

To the citizens of Provincia Mississippia Borealis, I say welcome to the Roman Republic! Although I am one of the newer citizens of the RR, I am eager to work with everyone I can to strengthen and grow our spiritual nation, both online and offline as well.

I have some great ideas for ways to keep the citizens of our province involved and up to date on the goings on of the RR and for us to build a more local, provincial community as well. I invite everyone to either post here in this thread or send me a private message with any questions, concerns, ideas, grievances or simply whomever may wish to say hello!

As your governor I am committed to you, the citizens, first and foremost. Whatever you need from the Republic, you may ask of me first and I will do my best to provide for your needs, within what is reasonable according to my own abilities of course.

This thread is to be our Provincial Forum. Please post anything you want to post here in our thread first so that we as fellow provincials may work together to help one another first. If we cannot accomplish something without the help of one of the censors or magistrates of the Republic, then we may call on them to aid us, but my goal is to make Provincia Mississippia Borealis a self-sustaining province in terms of governance, community, law, religion and commercial activities.

This does not mean, of course, that we will not work with the other provinces; we are a republic after all! I look forward to cooperating with the provincial governors from other provinces as well as the Senate, censors and all magistrates throughout the Res Publica.

I only ask that in accordance with a sense of decorum, Senators, magistrates, and governors refrain from posting in this forum directly but instead contact me directly via private message for any concerns they may have regarding Provincia Mississippia Borealis or any of its citizens.

I ask this only in order to establish a precedent of maintaining the integrity of this province and the rights of the citizens of this province to manage our own forum. I understand, of course, that the limits to this management must fall under the general laws of the Roman Republic and that censors will at times see fit to strike certain comments from the records in our forum. I only ask that contributions to our forum from anyone not residing or assigned as a citizen of Provincia Mississippia Borealis be kept to a minimum, in order to give voice to our citizens first in our forum.

A few points, just to reiterate the guidelines of the forum:

-Official requests by magistrates of other provinces are requested to be kept at a minimum and directed privately to the Governor of Provincia Mississippia Borealis (Publius Sallustius Quadratus), first.

-The questions and comments of citizens not currently serving as magistrates, from anywhere in the Republic are always welcome, as are questions from currently serving as magistrates, regarding any of the citizens or projects of the province.

-Introductions, advertisements or invitations to participate in any joint, inter-provincial projects, polls, elections, or competitions should be cleared with the Governor of Provincia Mississippia Borealis before posting on the Provincial Forum.

-Commercial inquiries are always welcome on our forum regardless of their place of origin.

With that, it is my honor to welcome everyone once more to Provincia Mississippia Borealis. May the Gods and our ancestors bestow blessings on our dear province and its citizens. May they greatly increase our numbers, increase our knowledge, increase our devotion to the Gods, to Romanitas, to the Republic and to each other. May they increase our wealth and make us prosper and strengthen our province to become a leading province within the Republic and a center of Roman culture for the whole world.

This I submit to the Senate of the Res Publica for approval.

P. Sallustius Quadratus

Hodie G • Pr.Kal. Feb. L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos. MMDCCLXX a.u.c. est C
P. Sallustius Quadratus
Publius Sallustius Quadratus
Governor of Mississippia Borealis

Re: PROVINCIA MISSISSIPPIA BOREALIS - Official Provincial Forum

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:27 am

Curio Sal.

I would encourage you to create a Provincial Collegium, for your province. And then from there you can request for a forum for use from the Aranearius. This would be the best route, as a singular forum would become lost in the fray of messages. Collegia always remain constant and in place however. And in regards to a provincial governor's assembly, I am currently working on the bylaws for a collegium for governors. That will be coming in the days to follow.

Vale Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Omnis enim ex infirmitate feritas est
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Brutus Cen. Sal.

Great initiative procurator! Let me know how I can help!

This is the sort of activity and initiative that will bring great success to our Res Publica!
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Postby M.ValeriusTraianus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:15 pm

Salvete omnes!

Please allow me to congratulate publicly Publius Sallustius Quadratus on becoming the new Governor of our providence, Provincia Mississippia Borealis. I have already reached out privately to offer my congratulations, support and assistance in increasing the activity in providence and the Republic.

Di vos incolumes custodiant!

M. Valerius Traianus
M.ValeriusTraianus

Postby Publius Sallustius Quadratus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:50 pm

Salvete

To Curio - Thanks for the advice! I will apply to form a collegium. To whom do I make that application? As for the Governors' Assembly, I look forward to participating in it once it has been officially formed.

To Brutus - Thanks for the support! I would like to form a collegium specifically for my province, as suggested by Consul Curio. How do I do that?

To Traianus - Civis Salve! You are most welcome here on our forum! I am very happy to see your message and to have received your private messages as well. We need all the help we can get at this point to get our province up and running so I am very much looking forward to cooperating with you.

On the matter of your status as "Capitis Absens," I have petitioned the Censores and received a reply from Censor P. Inius Brutus. As he has informed me, you must vote or pay tax in order to be reinstated as Optimo Iure. I understand that you had a registered email issue. You can find the reply to my petition here: http://www.romanrepublic.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1389&start=10

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further issues and I will do my best to take it up with the Censores on your behalf if necessary. Vale!
P. Sallustius Quadratus
Publius Sallustius Quadratus

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:03 am

Curio Sal.

You can submit the application here: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_account/create

Requirements for the bylaws can be found here: download/file.php?id=214

All collegium must be approved by the Curule Aediles, either C. Cassia Longina or M. Livius Horatius.

Di te incolumem custodiant!

L. Aurelius Curio
Omnis enim ex infirmitate feritas est
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos