EDICTUM CONSULUM: Establishing Co-Leadership of Collegia

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Postby Lucius Curtius Philo » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:07 am

I. This edict is issued in full compliance with LEX CURIATORUM: On the creation and regulation of Collegium and Societas and falls under Section II-c. This edict supersedes any Collegium bylaw as stated in the bylaws of the Roman Republic.

II. All Collegia must have two leaders with overall control of such groups. These two leaders will have equal power and may veto the actions of their colleague. If an issue cannot be resolved between these individuals regarding Collegium management the Curule Aediles are to make the final decision. If a Curule Aedile is an overall leader of a collegium then the Praetores may play this role. If no Praetor is available, or they are an overall leader of a Collegium, the Consules may make the final decision regarding a Collegium.

III. The term of these co-leaders must be no more than three years as per LEX CURIATORUM: On the creation and regulation of Collegium and Societas . Other positions that do not have full control of the Collegia may have terms of varying length as defined in the bylaws of the group.

IV. All leaders who have overall control of a Collegium must have Optimo Iure status always and pay tax before the Census on August 1st. The Aediles are to issue warnings to all citizens between June 15 - July 15th to those overall Collegium leaders not meeting this requirement. Anyone not meeting this requirement must be replaced by the Collegium by holding an election or by the Aediles to arrange a new election.

V. No citizen may hold overall leadership in more than three Collegia simultaneously. Those that hold more than one position must resign overall leadership and arrange elections. The Consules will compensate them 80 denarii for each position they must resign. No Aedile may allow a citizen to be an overall leader in more than three Collegia at once henceforth.

i. Any leader of 3 total Collegia may appeal to the Senate for the right to run additional collegia. Leadership of a Ludi faction does not count toward this number, and you cannot appeal for leadership in a second Ludi faction. [ADDENDUM]

VI. Each Collegia must arrange elections for a co-leader before February 1st. All elections must be finished before February 16th.

i. The Roman Republic digital election system may be used to facilitate these Collegia elections if requested. The Aediles are to operate the election system if a Collegia decides to use this system.

VII. Every Collegia must submit a list of two overall leaders before February 18th. Failure to do so will result in the Praetores taking control of the Collegia until the Senate appoints temporary leaders to the Collegium in question to arrange elections or dissolve the Collegium.

VIII. Any Collegia leader that disagrees with this process may submit an appeal to the Praetores who may follow LEX IUNIA-FABIA: Criminal versus civil complaints, the court and sentencing process to resolve the matter. Section VII of this edict is suspended until this process is completed if this course of action is taken.

IX. Overall leaders who demonstrate exemplary leadership of a Collegium are to be awarded 35 denarii by the Consules in April, July and December of this year.

X. This edict takes effect immediately and is enforce until the end of the current Consular term or removed by a Consul or higher body as per the bylaws. This edict may be renewed.

i. If this edict is suspended the overall leader of the Collegium with the lowest citizen ID number shall assume solitary control of the overall leadership of the group if the bylaws of the said Collegium do not allow co-leaders in this position.

ii. It is recommended that all collegia formally amend their bylaws to allow for co-leaders at the earliest opportunity. Although this is not mandated by this edict.

L. CURTIUS PHILO COS. SEN.
a.d. VII Id. Ian. L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.

ADDENDUM TO THE ABOVE EDICTUM

XI. All Ludi factions must hold elections in accordance with this edict. Therefore, all ludi factions should have two overall co-leaders. Besides the exceptions stated in this addendum all aspects of the original edictum apply to ludi factions.

XII. A citizen can only lead ONE ludi faction. However, leading this faction is not counted towards their total number of collegia being led.

XIII. No additional ludi factions are to be founded without a majority resolution of the Senate to this effect.

XIV. Ludi factions that compete in officially sanctioned ludi as per the aediles are to be awarded a bonus of 5 denarii / competitor in the games by the Aediles.

XV. The Roman Republic Treasury collegium, magisterial collegia and all provincial collegia are exempt from this edict.

i. Any collegium belonging to an outside entity or any religious collegium have the right to submit a request of exemption to the Praetores, Consules or Senate. In this case, both Praetores, both Consules or majority of the Senate must approve for the exemption to become valid.

a.d. IV Id. Ian. L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Lucius Curtius Philo
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator

Re: EDICTUM CONSULUM: Establishing Co-Leadership of Collegia

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:25 pm

SALVE CONSUL!

I don't agree with you much these days. But I agree with you on this matter. This edictum is long overdue. I think the Collegia will be served well by having the co-president idea applied. It serves the Republic well and I'm sure it will do well for our Collegia. Bravo!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune
Senator
Senator

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:22 am

All of my collegia are updated & voting will begin.
Gaia Cassia Longina

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:45 pm

Salve Consul Philo!

Consul, are the ludi factions counted as collegia under this edictum?

Vale,

Praetor K. Cispius Laevus
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:36 pm

Caeso Cispius Laevus wrote:Salve Consul Philo!

Vale,

Sal.

Consul, please clarify.
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Postby Lucius Curtius Philo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:59 pm

Caeso Cispius Laevus wrote:
Caeso Cispius Laevus wrote:Salve Consul Philo!

Vale,

Sal.

Consul, please clarify.

Praetor,

I hope the new addendum attached to the edictum clarifies.
Lucius Curtius Philo
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:38 am

Curio Sal.

The Edict has been updated with new edits as of 14 Jan. 2770.

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Sal.

Just a friendly reminder. Each collegia and ludi faction must have two leaders reported to me before February 18.

Failure to do so will result in the Senste finding leaders or dissolving the said collegia in question.

Let me know if you need help with meeting this deadline.
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:34 pm

Caeso Cispius Laevus wrote:Sal.

Just a friendly reminder. Each collegia and ludi faction must have two leaders reported to me before February 18.

Failure to do so will result in the Senste finding leaders or dissolving the said collegia in question.

Let me know if you need help with meeting this deadline.

I have already relinquished control of the Green Faction to the Praetura since there were no candidates, Praetor.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sun May 14, 2017 6:27 pm

By order of CONSUL L. Aurelius Curio, this Edictum is vetoed in compliance with the Edictum Censorium of T. Flavius Severus Censor (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1967).

If any collegia wish to have any edict issued to help them sort out their bylaws problems, please contact Consul Curio or myself.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Return to Main Forum