COMITIA CENTURIATA (Session III): Election Results

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

COMITIA CENTURIATA (Session III): Election Results

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:53 am

P. Iunius Brutus omnibus in foro S.P.D.

The third meeting of the Comitia Tributa occurred between Nov 10th - Dec 4th, 2016.

I want to send my gratitude to Quaestor Q. Furius Camillus who served as Rogator. His oversight of this election was important in confirming the soundness of the results which I will soon present.

I just communicated with the Quaestor Q. Furius Camillus. We independently reviewed the ballots and compared results. We came to the same conclusion which I now have the pleasure of pronouncing before the Roman Republic.

87% of the centuries responded (those not reported cast a vote for abstineo).

ITEM I:
Cast 2 (two) votes indicating your preferred candidate for PRAETOR of the Roman Republic (Res Publica Romana). Candidates elected will serve from January 1 to December 31 (2770 a.u.c.; 2017 c.e.).

RESULTS:

With XXVIII centuries responding in favor, Senator and Curule Aedile, M. Flavius Celsus, of tribus Horatia and provincia Sarmatia is hereby declared PRAETOR URBANUS of the Respublica Romana!

With XXIII centuries responding in favor, Quaestor, K. Cispius Laevus, of tribus Pupinia and provincia Britannia is hereby declared PRAETOR PEREGRINUS of the Respublica Romana!

Quaestor Pro. Valeria Messalla received the support of X centuries.

ITEM II:
Cast 2 (two) votes indicating your preferred candidate for CONSUL of the Roman Republic (Res Publica Romana). Candidates elected will serve from January 1 to December 31 (2770 a.u.c.; 2017 c.e.).

RESULTS:

With XXIX centuries responding in favor, Senator and Praetor Peregrinus, L. Curtius Philo, of tribus Lemonia and provincia Nova Eboracum is hereby declared CONSUL MAIOR of the Respublica Romana!

With XXVII centuries responding in favor, Plebeian Aedile, L. Aurelius Curio, of tribus Lemonia and provincia Transborealis Silva is hereby declared CONSUL MINOR of the Respublica Romana!

ITEM III:

Do you wish to see Amendments to LEX CURIATORUM: On assessing performance and rewarding a denarii stipend to outgoing elected magistrates ratified into a standing operating procedure of the Roman Republic?

RESULTS:

UTI ROGAS (in favour): XXIX
ANTIQUO (opposed): II
ABSTINEO (abstain): II

ITEM IV:

Do you wish to see Amendments to LEX ATIA: On the Gentes, Stirpes, Familiae, Gentile Assemblies and Inheritance of Denarii ratified into a standing operating procedure of the Roman Republic?

RESULTS:

UTI ROGAS (in favour): XXIV
ANTIQUO (opposed): II
ABSTINEO (abstain): VII

ITEM V:

Do you wish to see LEX IUNIA-AURELIA: Establishment of awards for outstanding private and public citizens ratified into a standing operating procedure of the Roman Republic?

RESULTS:

UTI ROGAS (in favour): XXIII
ANTIQUO (opposed): NIL
ABSTINEO (abstain): V

ITEM VI:

Do you wish to see LEX IUNIA-FABIA: Criminal versus civil complaints, the court and sentencing process ratified into a standing operating procedure of the Roman Republic?

RESULTS:

ANTIQUO (opposed): I
ABSTINEO (abstain): III

ITEM VII:

Do you wish to see LEX AURELIA: On Absences of Higher Magistrates ratified into a standing operating procedure of the Roman Republic?

RESULTS:

ANTIQUO (opposed): NIL
ABSTINEO (abstain): IV

ITEM VIII:

Do you wish to see LEX CASSIA: On Contracts and Services ratified into a standing operating procedure of the Roman Republic?

RESULTS:

UTI ROGAS (in favour): XVI
ANTIQUO (opposed): IX
ABSTINEO (abstain): VIII

With this announcement I hereby declare the third session of the Comitia Centuriata closed. This will be the last assembly meeting of the year T. Flavio P. Iunio cos. (2016). It will also be the last assembly meeting I shall preside over as Consul. It has been an honor serving the Res Publica in this capacity and I am excited to wittness the great things our newly elected Consules and Praetores will achieve in the new year.

Congratulations to every candidate for offering their effort and time to the Respublica!

I ask the current Praetores to update our laws at: http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/wiki/laws.html and to move now inactive laws to: http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/index.php?title=Rescinded_Laws_(Roman_Republic)

Valete!
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: COMITIA CENTURIATA (Session III): Election Results

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:46 am

L. Aurelius Curio omnibus in foro S.P.D.

Gratias vobis ago, to everyone who participated in this election. A special thanks to our Censor, P. Iunius Brutus, for holding this election and Q. Furius Camillus for acting as his Rogator to ensure a fair and sound election process.

Moving forward, I am well aware of the immense responsibility placed upon the shoulders of the leadership for the new year. I look forward to working beside my co-Consul, L. Curtius Philo, to bring forth the best year possible and make sure that our policies are fully met by the time we leave this office by whoever takes our place. The fulfillment of these policies and promises is something that I believe to be of the utmost importance moving forward.

My thanks once more to the citizens who placed their faith and confidence in us as we take this step forward as your Consuls.

Di vos incolumes custodiant!

L. Aurelius Curio
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Senator
Senator
Augur
Augur

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:45 am

L. Vitellius Triarius omnibus in foro S.P.D.

Greetings from the Domus of the Vitellii!

A hearty congratulations and support to our newly elected magistrates! Do us all proud. Much thanks and appreciation for the service of the outgoing magistrates for leading our Respublica to great successes and accomplishments during our first year, especially our First Consuls. I have said good prayers for the Respublica and feel thet this will be a very good year for us all...because WE are ALL special people and a special community, and I believe we are blessed by the Gods and Goddesses of Rome. We must continue on. Our new Consuls have big, achieveable plans, and I am excited for what is to come as the pass the rods back and forth this year. Hang on tight, it is hard to climb back on a fast-moving train if you fall off!

In about April or May, I was discussing growth with Consul Brutus, and I predicted a membership level of 300 by the end of December. We now have 284 citizens in our growing family. I still hope my prediction will stand true, but if not, I am completely happy with 284 so far for this year. If you haven't done so already, encourage your family members and friends to join the Respublica. If you are a citizen and your spouse is not, then we have an incomplete family on our rolls. Family is everyone in the household, IMO. If you have not discussed this with your loved ones, December 17th begins the Saturnalia festival (17th-23rd). This would be a good time to explore adding a new tradition to the holidays, whether you are a cultor or not. If you have not tried celebrating the Saturnalia, you should. (You can "make" your kids cook and do the laundry...YEAH!, you get to decorate a tree...and you get to open a gift everyday for seven days!)

I apologize for the wandering content of this message, but I reccently had surgery and I'm on pain meds, LOL! (My wife is limiting my posts at this point for my own good and the welfare of the Respublica.)

Optime valete,

Triarius

PRINCEPS SENATVS
LICTOR CVRIATUS
SACERDOS APOLLINIS
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS
lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com

Awarded the Corona Civica in L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos.
Upon order of the senate for excellence of service to the senate and people of Rome in founding the Republic

Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:07 am

I would like to congratulate all our newly elected magistrates. May the year L. Curtio L. Aurelio cos. be a prosperous one to all!
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo
Propraetor
Propraetor
Senator
Senator
Feroniae Sacerdos
Feroniae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:56 am

Sal.

Thank you for your support and trust. I will do everything in my power to fulfill the expectations you have in me.

I extend a hand of friendship to Valeria who ran in this campaign and in the Comitia Tributa. If she would be interested in serving as an assistant within the praetoria she should contact me. I would be willing to appoint her to this position in the new year.
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Return to Main Forum