COMITIA TRIBUTA (Session III): Election Results

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Titus Flavius Severus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Lucius Curtius Philo

COMITIA TRIBUTA (Session III): Election Results

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:38 am

P. Iunius Brutus omnibus in foro S.P.D.

The third meeting of the Comitia Tributa occurred between Oct 18th - Nov 8th, 2016.

I want to send my gratitude to Quaestor K. Cispius Laevus who served as Rogator. His oversight of this election was important in confirming the soundness of the results which I will soon present.

Earlier today I communicated with the Quaestor K. Cispius Laevus. We independently reviewed the ballots and compared results. We came to the same conclusion which I now have the pleasure of pronouncing before the Roman Republic

94% of the tribes responded (those not reported cast a vote for abstineo).

ITEM I:
Cast 2 (two) votes indicating your preferred candidate for CURULE AEDILE of the Roman Republic (Res Publica Romana). Candidates elected will serve from January 1 to December 31 (2770 a.u.c.; 2017 c.e.).

RESULTS:

With XIX tribes responding in favor, citizen Marcus Livius Horatius, of tribus Tromentina and provincia Nova Gallia is hereby declared a CURULE AEDILE of the Respublica Romana!

With XVIII tribes responding in favor, tribune Gaia Cassia Longina, of tribus Fabia and provincia Italia is hereby declared a CURULE AEDILE of the Respublica Romana!

Quaestor Procula Valeria Messalla received the support of XI tribes.
Quaestor Numerius Iulius Dolabella received the support of VI tribes.
Citizen Tiberius Cilnius Maecenas received the support of V tribes.

ITEM II:
Cast 4 (four) votes indicating your preferred candidates for QUAESTOR of the Roman Republic (Res Publica Romana). Candidates elected will serve from December 6 (2769 a.u.c.; 2016 c.e.) to December 6 (2770 a.u.c.; 2017 c.e.).

RESULTS:

With XXIV tribes responding in favor, citizen Gaius Cominius Laenas, of tribus Lemonia and provincia Eria is hereby declared as a QUAESTOR of the Respublica Romana!

With XXI tribes responding in favor, tribune Marcus Minucius Audens, of tribus Pollia and provincia Nova Britannia is hereby declared as a QUAESTOR of the Respublica Romana!

With XXI tribes responding in favor, citizen Lucius Livius Seneca, of tribus Aniensis and provincia Transborealis Silva is hereby declared as a QUAESTOR of the Respublica Romana!

With XIV tribes responding in favor, citizen Gaia Octavia Caesar, of tribus Aemilia is hereby declared as a QUAESTOR of the Respublica Romana!

Citizen Numerius Antonius Paullus received the support of XI tribes.
Procurator Decimus Arrius Severus received the support of X tribes.
Citizen Lucius Metilius Niger received the support of X tribes.

ITEM III:

Do you wish to see LEX CLAUDIA: Authorizing an annual Ludi Rei Publicae ratified into a standing operating procedure of the Roman Republic?

RESULTS:

UTI ROGAS (in favour): XXIV
ANTIQUO (opposed): III
ABSTINEO (abstain): III

ITEM IV:

Do you wish to see LEX IUNIA: Declaring the individuals known as Cn. Iulius Caesar and L. Cornelius Sulla Felix at NovaRoma.org as in direct conflict with the fundamental and foundational values of the Res Publica Romana, and the greater Roman Restorationist community ratified into a standing operating procedure of the Roman Republic?

RESULTS:

UTI ROGAS (in favour): XXIV
ANTIQUO (opposed): II
ABSTINEO (abstain): IV

ITEM V:

Do you wish to see LEX VITELLIA: Granting of additional privileges to religious collegia to appoint sacerdotes ratified into a standing operating procedure of the Roman Republic?

RESULTS:

UTI ROGAS (in favour): XXVI
ANTIQUO (opposed): III
ABSTINEO (abstain): I

ITEM VI:

Do you wish to see LEX CURIATORUM: On the election procedure and election irregularities within Roman Assemblies (Version II) ratified into a standing operating procedure of the Roman Republic?

RESULTS:

UTI ROGAS (in favour): XXVI
ANTIQUO (opposed): NIL
ABSTINEO (abstain): IV

For those candidates not elected I ask these excellent citizens to remain steadfast towards the circus honorum and to seek office again. In the next weeks the magistrates will be appointing scriba to assist in the many important tasks of our community. I hope to see some of these individuals appointed to such positions. Interest citizens are also encourage to consider leading their local chapter (province). You may apply for such a role here: http://romanrepublic.org/wip/procurator_app.html

Congratulations to every candidate for offering their effort and time to the Respublica!

I ask the Praetores to update our laws at: http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/wiki/laws.html and to move now inactive laws to: http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/index.php?title=Rescinded_Laws_(Roman_Republic)

Valete!
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: COMITIA TRIBUTA (Session III): Election Results

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:54 am

Salvete Omnes!

I would like to extend my congratulations to all the newly elected magistrates! I know each one of you will bring honor to these offices.

Thank you those of you who ran but did not win. It is always good to see so many interested in furthering the Republic!

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Omnis enim ex infirmitate feritas est
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Consul
Consul
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Governor of Transborealis Silva
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:30 am

Salvete,

I am humbled by my election and I promise that I will do my best, working with my colleagues and my co-aedile, to provide another great year for our citizens. I will keep my word that I made to you upon my election as tribune. We must work together to help our community prosper and grow, and with your help, it is within our reach.

Thank you to everyone who has shown me support. And to my co-aedile, Horatius, my colleague and friend, Audens, and to all the newly elected quaestors: my heartiest congratulations! I look forward to working with you! I also thank everyone for running and voting - for participating in what makes our Republic great!

May the gods and ancestors smile upon us and our Republic!
C Cassia Longina
Gaia Cassia Longina

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:38 pm

L. Livius Seneca, quaestor designatus omnibus Quiritibus in foro salutem plurimam dicit.

I was truly honoured this morning to learn of my election to the quaestura by the Roman people. I offer my sincerest thanks to those magistrates who supported my candidacy by their public endorsements, but even more so to you, my fellow Romans, for entrusting me with this public office. I look forward to supporting our future curule magistrates in the execution of their duties, and eagerly await the great things which our Res Publica will accomplish in the forthcoming year.

I also offer my congratulations to the other designati, especially my fellow quaestors C. Cominius, M. Audens, and Octavia Caesar, but also to my gentile cousin, M. Livius Horatius in his successful bid for the aedilitas curulis!

Valete maxime.
Lucius Livius Seneca
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Decimus Aurelius Severus » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:43 am

My congratulations to all newly elected officials!
Decimus Arrius Severus
Decimus Aurelius Severus
Governor of Gallia Mississippia Pronvincia
Governor of Gallia Mississippia Pronvincia

Postby Caeso Cispius Laevus » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:17 am

Sal.

Thank you to all the candidates and by best wishes to you all in the months ahead. I hope to work with many of you soon.
Caeso Cispius Laevus
Praetor Peregrinus
Praetor Peregrinus

Postby Marcus Livius Horatius » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:50 am

Thank you. I am humbled and deeply honored.
Marcus Livius Horatius
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Gaia Octavia Caesar » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:24 am

Salve citizens,

It comes to me as a surprise that I was elected into office. I am really appreciated for those who got me elected into office. I will work hard on my duties.

Thank you very much for your support.

Cheers,
Gaia Octavia Caesar
Gaia Octavia Caesar
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:11 am

SALVETE!

Aren't you all just a dog’s dinner! Congrats and bravo to your spirit and motivation!

VALETE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Return to Main Forum