Regarding Forum Daily Digest Emails

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

Regarding Forum Daily Digest Emails

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:41 am

P. Iunius Brutus Quiritibus s.p.d.

I've received a few emails regarding the daily forum digest and how it works and how to personalize the digest you will receive. In this post I shall attempt to answer the questions received.

This forum’s computer coding has been edited. This will allow the forum to send you an email with a daily digest. You will by default get one digest a day at the same time every day. By default the digest will contain all new messages on the forum for that given day. This is to allow you to say up to date on the events going on without having to visit the actual forum every day. The digest will be sent to the email account you used to register for the forum.

You can edit the digest by going to your control “user control panel”.
1.jpg
1.jpg (42.23 KiB) Viewed 3016 times

Then from within the control panel you need to click “digests”.
2.jpg
2.jpg (40.61 KiB) Viewed 3016 times

From the window which will open you can edit how often you receive the digest, what time you receive it and what type of content you wish to receive. If you desire to change the email where the digest is sent please go to “profile” within the control panel and then click “account settings”.

I hope you find this useful. I am looking into adding the ability to post messages to the forum by email. That function should be available soon. At that point we will have a fully functional email list/forum. Please let me know how this works for you. I’m open to any and all feedback!

Optima vota mea sit omnibus vobis,

P. Iunius Brutus
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Re: Regarding Forum Daily Digest Emails

Postby Publius Sallustius Quadratus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:00 pm

I just want to say, since I think I probably never have, that I really love the Daily Digest. It is well designed and easy to navigate. I love how you can link directly to comments on the forum right from the email. The Daily Digest has been great as a means of keeping my interest and involvement in the forum here.
P. Sallustius Quadratus
Publius Sallustius Quadratus
Governor of Mississippia Borealis
Governor of Mississippia Borealis

Re: Regarding Forum Daily Digest Emails

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:46 pm

Publius Sallustius Quadratus wrote:I just want to say, since I think I probably never have, that I really love the Daily Digest. It is well designed and easy to navigate. I love how you can link directly to comments on the forum right from the email. The Daily Digest has been great as a means of keeping my interest and involvement in the forum here.

Brutus Cen. Sal.

Thanks amice! Always nice to hear such feedback!

Credit for this digest system must go to Quaestor Laenas (http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/citize ... Laenas/278). He built many of our online tools here.
Publius Iunius Brutus
Censor
Censor
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Return to Main Forum