PUBLIC DISCUSSION: Senate meeting (Session III)

The social and political heart of the respublica community

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Curtius Philo, Caeso Cispius Laevus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Titus Flavius Severus

PUBLIC DISCUSSION: Senate meeting (Session III)

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:27 pm

Salvete cives!

In accordance with our Mos Maiorum, I hereby open this public space for the citizenry to debate, if they so wish, this third session of the Senate.

Your participation is valuable and I urge all citizens follow the Senatorial Proceedings at the link below and to speak their minds in this thread on any item they wish!

The Senate: Curia http://www.romanrepublic.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=4 proceedings may be viewed by all logged in Citizens.

Valete!
P. Sextius Laevus
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Re: PUBLIC DISCUSSION: Senate meeting (Session III)

Postby Marcus Livius Horatius » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:45 pm

Salvete Omnes!

I think the proposed condemnation of Sulla et Caesar is an interesting proposal. Can anyone else shed some additional light on the activities of these people? I think multiple opinions on this matter is important for the reasons already stated in the Senate.

Valete!
Marcus Livius Horatius
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Gaius Claudius Quadratus » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Salvete!

I would prefer not to hear anything in this Republic about the obnoxious fascists who destroyed Nova Roma through their illegal dictatorship. To me they don't exist.

Valete!
Quadratus
Gaius Claudius Quadratus
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia
Governor of Nova Gallia Pronvincia
Augur
Augur

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:09 pm

In discussing the mention of those in other organizations, I have been in many detailed discussions, mosly in disagreement, with the personages that you mention. They have very effectively used secret off-line lists to contact those people that they disapproved of and delibertetly insulted them so badly that the people have left the organization. In one case, the insulting was so vile regarding the woman who so insulted that she was reduced to tears. She immediately left the organization even though she had done them a significant service. Gutter language was in use in the Senate and the hateful law against RPR which was directed at one man because of his difference of opinion was what caused my resignation from the Senate of that organization . Several of my colleagues were thrown out of the Senate for like reasons. Also several people were thrown out of the organization for the same reason. Most of this activity was at the directon of the individual that you mention. I had been a member of the organization for about 10-13 years held the Honorium and served in the Senate and as the Commander of the Militarium which I created, so I have some small knowledge of what went on in that organization. On at least two occasions dictaterships were realized because of the inability to reach concurrence on problems of political concern.

Respectfully;
Marcus Audens
Marcus Minucius Audens

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:40 pm

Salvete Omnes

As unpleasant as it is, if we are to consider this and would eventually have to ratify it, we should know the pertinent history of these two. There is some history from both sides on the net. Some of what was reported in Nova Roma did get altered (sanitized?) later.

I first came across Nova Roma in 2010 - just after the crisis. After a lull in activity from 2010, to see the spike of activity from Nov 2015 to March 2016 on a daily basis was intriguing.

It was in following that reign of terror and looking for the other side of this story that I came across this Roman Republic in March 2016 and after following the activity here, decided to join this Roman Republic.

We as Citizens of our Republic must be involved and stay informed. It is not only important that we have the good people we have as Magistrates, but also to voice our opinions and be heard as in this Public Discussion thread.

Thank You Marcus for your input on this subject. It is good to have this information from someone who was there and still has an eye on what is going on.

We ask the Senate to provide this supporting Nova Roma history.

Valete
Laevus
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Marcus Livius Horatius » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:25 pm

Salvete!

This is very informative. Thank you.

I agree with P. Sextius Laevus, in order to know how to support this motion proposed by the senate, which if passed will come before the people, we need to be educated on recent history.

Valete

Horatius
Marcus Livius Horatius
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Salvete Omnes

At this point, there are three leges and two discussions before the Senate:

LEX AURELIA: On Absences of Higher Magistrates.

LEX IUNIA AURELIA: The establishment of an awards system for outstanding private and public citizens.

LEX IUNIA: Declaring the individuals known as ------------ and -------------- at ------------ as in direct conflict with the fundamental and foundational values of the Res Publica Romana, and the greater Roman Restorationist community.

The Reorganizing the Subforums.

Review of applications for procurator (Private Senate Discussion).

If there any concerns on these or other concerns or wishes of the Citizens, they may be brought to the Senate floor by our Tribunes G. Cassia Longina et M. Minucius Audens.

Vale
Laevus
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:22 am

We at the Senate are very interested in hearing your opinions, and I hope our final decision is harmoneous with the will of the People :)
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Quintus Furius Camillus » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:24 am

SALVETE!

I can say that everything said here is consistent with what has been relayed to me by multiple witnesses.

VALETE!
Quintus Furius Camillus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune
Senator
Senator

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:20 am

If anyone has any concerns about anything, please feel free to contact me. (:
Gaia Cassia Longina

Next

Return to Main Forum