Offering Art Restoration Services

A collegium established as a community of artists and for those who love art - a place where members are free to exhibit their work and provide a space for artistic discussions. http://ecassialonginus.wix.com/collegiumartium | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... 0Artium/43

Moderators: Marca Marcia, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Paullus Aemilius Gallus, Aula Flavia Philippa, Lucia Galeria Mira

Offering Art Restoration Services

Postby Gaius Florius Aetius » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:03 am

Salvete Omnes,

I came to this idea more by accident. Someone wanted the coin "Tyche of Constantinople" be restored and he was quite font of my take on it. On that coin, about 30% of the content was lost. You see I draw digital art for about 15 years or so, so I enjoyed doing it. But what really made me want to contribute to this, was this.

In the RR Facebook page I saw a wooden panel of Ceres, and while you could see the original beauty, it was in a really sad state. So, I took my time in a try to restore it.

This is my restoration work of the much destroyed panel of Ceres. The original panal was, as you can see, it a sad state. So I restored the frame first, then filled the gaps with appropriate colour. Then the torches, and I was reading up there had been Cymbals. I improved some of the folds and mended as many splintered parts as I could. The left shoulder and the face had been completely destroyed (likely by Christian fanatics), so I had to design the left shoulder and arm free. For the face I took several existing pictures of Ceres and worked the parts into the panel. I was quite fun to make this, and I show this only mildly for bragging, but to suggest: If any of you has an image of something the like you would want to see restored, pls feel free to contact me, so we can talk over what is possible. I would love to contribute to this more of often. :)

before

So if you want a work done, sent me a PM. :)
Advice is judged by results, not by intentions.

- Cicero
Gaius Florius Aetius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Return to Collegium Artium