Request for the production of the symbols of Gens Aurelia

A collegium established as a community of artists and for those who love art - a place where members are free to exhibit their work and provide a space for artistic discussions. http://ecassialonginus.wix.com/collegiumartium | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... 0Artium/43

Moderators: Marca Marcia, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Paullus Aemilius Gallus, Aula Flavia Philippa, Lucia Galeria Mira

Request for the production of the symbols of Gens Aurelia

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:17 am

Salvete omnes,
With the blessing of my Princeps, I represent Gens Aurelia in requesting the composition of the badges of our Gens. We wish to pay the Collegium Artium a total of 25 Denarii for this work, if you agree.

The work would be:

The Badge of Gens Aurelia, 10 Denarii - Circular (like the Societas Numaea) white field. Upon it a radiant faceless golden Sun. Underneath, a golden Lunulla with its horns pointing up. On the top part, arching around the crest, the words "GENS•AVRELIA"

The Badge of the Princeps Aureliorum, 5 Denarii - The same as the badge of the Gens, but underneath, arching along the badge, the words "L•AVRELIVS•CVRIO". It would look similar to a Coin, with GENS•AVRELIA on top and L•AVRELIVS•CVRIO underneath.

The Badge of the Decurio Aureliorum, 10 Denarii - A white circular field, just like the badge of the Gens. A golden Lunulla with its horns pointing on the sinister side of the shield (right side in the point of view of the artist). Over it the words GENS•AVRELIA overarching and Underneath the words L•AVRELIVS•CVRIO, arching as well, like on a coin.

I hope this project interests someone of the Collegium! The payment shall be done directly to the Collegium. Any questions on the details of the work may be made in this thread or personally as you please.

Valete!
C. Aurelius Victor
Decurio Aureliorum
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Re: Request for the production of the symbols of Gens Aurelia

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:09 am

Salve, Victor,

I have had my experience in design and especially graphic design (which I why you see all my own work on some of my collegia - haha!). I could help, but I need a little more information.

Here's the Cassian one:
Cassia 1.jpg
Cassia 1.jpg (23.63 KiB) Viewed 5268 times

And the Cassii Longini:
Longinus.jpg
Longinus.jpg (20.84 KiB) Viewed 5268 times

Anyway, let me know how I can help!

C Cassia Longina
Gaia Cassia Longina

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:33 pm

Ours wouldnt have the details on the rim and would have the words arching like a coin inside and very visible. Kinda like this:

http://www.romanemperors.com/images/cal ... copper.jpg

With the Gens name ontop as shown and the Princeps name underneath also as shown. Any other necessary information please ask away!
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Tribune Cassia;
I just want to say, that I admired greatly your skill in the design of your emblems of office. I am very impressed. I have tried similar things but my attempts have drawn a bit of criticism from the 'experts' in the field. It is obvious that you are skilled at such things, and I do appreciate your sharing of them.
Respectfully;
Marcus Audens
Marcus Minucius Audens

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:49 pm

Many thanks Audens! I appreciate the comments! I personally love graphic design and I am sure that yours are wonderful as well!

Victor, I shall begin work this week! (:
Gaia Cassia Longina

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:00 pm

How goes the development of this?
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:23 pm

It goes well! I shall have it within the week!
Gaia Cassia Longina

Postby Gaius Cominius Laenas » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:37 pm

I could produce a professional grade logo such as the one you describe for 75 denarii. Contact me if you are interested.
Gaius Cominius Laenas
Senator
Senator

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:12 pm

Salvete Omnes!

On behalf of Gens Aurelia, I propose a contest of sorts. If both people are willing, would you mind both submitting your designs? I would then have the Aurelii vote on whichever they prefer.

The winner would be rewarded 75 denarii and the other individual would receive 15 denarii for their time spent working on it. Does this sound good for all parties?

Valete Bene!

L. Aurelius
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Augur
Augur
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos

Postby Marcus Aurelius Seianus » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:45 am

I personally like L. Aurelius Curio's idea. Make this open to all parties. I posted a very similar idea about the coins.
Marcus Aurelius Seianus

Ordo Equester
Legatus Legio X Cohor III
Praefectus Legionus
Marcus Aurelius Seianus
Governor of Eria
Governor of Eria

Next

Return to Collegium Artium