CONVOCATION: Election

This collegium provides discussion, lessons, and research for those interested in the cultural language of Rome. | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... 4%ABnae/47

Moderators: Gaius Valerius Scipio, Octavius Aurelius Augustus, Titus Aurelius Apollinaris, Lucia Horatia Adamas, Lucius Livius Seneca

CONVOCATION: Election

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:41 pm

L. Livius mag. omnibus sociis s.p.d.

The College has been without magistri since the Ides of October. Our first attempt at elections resulted in no initial responses from the socii. As such, I have convened the College a second time to attempt an election of new magistri for the 2017-2018 year. I therefore request that nominations for candidates be announced here by the end of a.d. VII Id. Nov. (Nov. 7).

Valete.
L. Livius Ani. Seneca
Magister Collegi LatiniDominus Prasinus
Lucius Livius Seneca
Quaestor
Quaestor

Re: CONVOCATION: Election

Postby Publius Sextius Laevus » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:50 am

Salvete Omnes

I for one would be most greatful if both Lucia Horatia Adamas and Lucius Livius Seneca would stand for re-election of Magistra/Magister of this our collegium. They have lead us through the re-establishment of our collegium and deserve our support to fulfill the fruits of their labors in this next full term of office.

Valete
P. Sextius Laevus
Cum Gratia Tironis
'Fiat Lux! Fiat Vita!'
Publius Sextius Laevus
Plebeian Tribune
Plebeian Tribune

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Я сама изучаю латынь. Если Горация Адамас не выдвинет свою кандидатуру, то я хотела бы выдвинуть свою кандидатуру на пост со-лидера коллегии.
Tiberia Salvia Alba
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Lucia Horatia Adamas » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:13 am

L. Horatia Adamas L. Livio Senecæ P. Sextio Lævæ Ti. Salviæ Albæ omnibusque fautoribus linguæ Latinæ S.P.D.

As I don't read Russian, which is not taught in our schools with any regularity (and much less of that since the end of the cold war), I had to rely on Google Translate to decipher Alba's post, so am not 100% sure of its contents. However, I had previously indicated that I was willing to serve as magistra for another term--and not just to please our Lævus or my colleague, L. Livius Seneca! We should have well-qualified Latinists at the head of this group, as we had last year. I have had approximately 15 years of formal instruction in Latin, including two in Latinitas Viva (where I was the top student of a well-known European Latinist), and have taught both modified traditional Latin and living Latin for several years online, as well as taught secondary and college-level Latin in brick and mortar edifices. Last July I attended the annual convention of the Academia Latinitati Fovendae, where all lectures and private conversations were held in Latin, for this organization is dedicated to fostering Latin as a means of modern communication, and participated in Latin immersion a few years ago. I also read Melissa, the only Latin academic journal, and am a moderately fluent Latin speaker, praised by my students. I would be happy to continue as co-leader of the Collegium, and hope that you will retain my colleague, Seneca (a very fine Latinist) and me in our posts.

Valete!
Lucia Horatia Adamas

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:02 am

I would love to see Horatia and Seneca resume their tremendous work!
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Tiberia Salvia Alba » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:52 am

Здравствуйте! К сожалению, мне тоже приходиться пользоваться сервисом Google для перевода практически всего, что пишется на этом форуме, так прошу прощение за неудобство. Я хотела сказать, что если никто не откликнулся бы на зов Сенеки, то я бы выдвинула свою кандидатуру. Однако, поскольку вы, Горация Адамас, откликнулись на этот призыв, и являетесь чрезвычайно квалифицирован специалистом в области латинского языка, то вы являетесь идеальной кандидатурой на этот пост. Хорошо, что судьба этой коллегии в руках таких профессионалов.
P.S. Я отзываю свою кандидатуру на пост со-главы коллегии.
Tiberia Salvia Alba
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:17 am

L. Livius sociis Latinis s.p.d.

Since my former colleague L. Horatia Adamas has announced her candidacy to serve again as magistra, I too shall offer my name to sit alongside her for the upcoming year.

I would also like to thank Salvia Alba for her show of good faith on behalf of our College.

Valete.
L. Livius Ani. Seneca
Lucius Livius Seneca
Quaestor
Quaestor

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:03 am

L. Livius Horatiae Adamanti omnibusque sociis s.p.d.

The day having ended in the Eternal City, and for lack of any other candidates, I am prepared at this point to declare both myself and L. Horatia Adamas elected by acclamation as magistri for the 2017–2018 term.

I offer my sincerest thanks to my colleague for offering her name once again. Let us continue to build on the successes of the past year!

This concludes the current convocation of the College.

Vale et valete.
L. Livius Ani. Seneca
Lucius Livius Seneca
Quaestor
Quaestor

Return to Collegium Latinum