Letters to Roman Reenactment Units

This Collegium is devoted to discussion, research and the contribution to the Roman Republic of Articles, pictures, drawings, military reenactment, questions, comments and all other material relating to the purpose of the Militarium (Ancient Roman Military). Collegium Website: http://militarium.romanrepublic.org/ | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... itarium/41

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Marca Marcia, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Paullus Aemilius Gallus, Aula Flavia Philippa

Letters to Roman Reenactment Units

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:10 pm

Legio I Italica
Tim Rich Atlanta , GA
BORG601@netzero.net

Commander Tim Rich;

My name is Marcus Audens, and I am the Praefectus for the Collegium Militarium in the Res Publica Romana. I am writing to you in order to aquaint yourself and your legion with this Roman organization. We should like very much to have your legion schedule so we can print it in our new and rather large newsletter "PILUM Journal." Our intention is to contact each of the active legions in the US and advertise them, free of charge to our readership, which we hope very soon to be able to make national. If you would simply allow us to print your annual schedule of events and meetings we should be most appreciative.

Respectfully;
Marcus Audens
Praefectus, Collegium Militarium
Marcus Minucius Audens

Re: Letters to Roman Reenactment Units

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:45 pm

Legio II Augusta
Dean Cunningham
Poetland Oregon 9
satans_lackey@yahoo.com

Commander Cunningham;

My name is Marcus Audens, and I am the Praefectus for the Collegium Militarium in the Res Publica Romana. I am writing to you in order to acquaint yourself and your legion with this Roman organization. We should like very much to have your legion schedule so we can print it in our new and rather large newsletter "PILUM Journal." Our intention is to contact each of the active legions in the US and advertise them, free of charge to our readership, which we hope very soon to be able to make national. If you would simply allow us to print your annual schedule of events and meetings we should be most appreciative.

Respectfully;
Marcus Audens
Praefectus, Collegium Militarium
Marcus Minucius Audens

Marcus Minucius Audens

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Wonderful! Great work! (:
Gaia Cassia Longina

Postby Procula Valeria Messalla » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:58 pm

Thank you for doing this! I am sure such information will be appreciated by many!
Procula Valeria Messalla

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:21 pm

Lady Procula Messalia;

Well, to be sure, there are several pages of these contacts with their E-Mail or "snail mail" addresses available. It will be some time before I will be able to get through all of them. So far, there have been two which have been returned as error messages, for whatever reason, and one which, I must join some kind of Legion Officer's Union or such, before they will answer my message, and one who has returned my message saying that that it would be better if I contacted someone else, but who did not bother to provide any contact information. However, this is one of reasons that the "Pilum Journal" was created for, and we are determined to contact as many Roman reenactment organizations as possible.

Thank you for your generous thoughts and kind words.

Respectfully;
Marcus Audens
Marcus Minucius Audens

Return to Collegium Militarium