[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4855: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4857: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4858: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4859: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Roman Republic: Res publica Romana • View topic - PILVM Newsletter, Volume I, Issue I

PILVM Newsletter, Volume I, Issue I

This Collegium is devoted to discussion, research and the contribution to the Roman Republic of Articles, pictures, drawings, military reenactment, questions, comments and all other material relating to the purpose of the Militarium (Ancient Roman Military). Collegium Website: http://militarium.romanrepublic.org/ | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... itarium/41

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Marca Marcia, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Paullus Aemilius Gallus, Aula Flavia Philippa

Re: PILVM Newsletter, Volume I, Issue I

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:00 am

Curio Sal.

Hm...the flag color is weird given historical references that say that the original two factiones were White (Albata) and Red (Russata), representing winter and summer respectively. So maybe in Antioch they only chose to fly those colors at that particular time? There are many possibilities truthfully. :)

Valete!

L. Aurelius Curio
Vis per Unitatem Romanam

Lucius Aurelius Curio
Augur
Augur
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Master Lucius Curio;

In response to your message regarding the "PILUM Journal" article about Antioch. I was at the time, studying about the city, it's surroundings and it brief history. The very brief mention of flags in my references were all the information on my desk and library at that time. However, if you would be so kind as to supply me with some further information (references) on the subject of flags, I should be most grateful. While I am a member of 'Russata" I am not familiar with all of the history of the "game participants" nor how such was dealt with in Antioch during the period discussed. :)

Respectfully;
Marcus Audens
Marcus Minucius Audens

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:07 pm

Valete All;

Well, the first issue of the "PILUM Journal" has been published and since this publication is planned as a Military Quarterly, now is the time to be thinking about any possible military articles that you might wish to be contributing to the journal. ;) Journals, such as this, cannot continue to exist without the lifeblood of new articles, drawings, pictures, poems, and declarations, in this case, of a military nature.

Now, of course, the 'military' aspect of the journal, also includes the vast array of information found in the study of the Roman Navy as well. Also, there were the many legionaries who, after a suitable amount of service to the legion itself, might become an immunis. This was a legionarie who pursued some of almost one hundred tasks of posts and trades which kept the legion operating. Such tasks as; surveyors, builders, engineers, doctors, and various tradesmen who worked in materials such as stone, wood, leather, etc.

Further, in regard to the 'military" is the 'Auxila', the auxiliary forces, the cavalry, slingers, bowmen, and the various pieces of artillery, and siege machines use in various building activities, major construction projects (like Hadrians Wall and the Antonine Wall), and both assaults and battles engaged in during the expansion of the Republic and the Empire.

Also, there needs to be a mention here of the Roman Reenactors across the world. Those reenators who reenact as the legions, but also those who reenact in small groups as well. What are your plans, what area do you find yourselves in, and what period of the Roman World do you portray. We should love to be priiledged to print the After Action Reports of events and activities entered into by these organizations. We want to hear from you and be able to post pictures of your unit and also of your field activities be they cooking or battling!

So, please, consider putting aside a small amount of your valuable time and consider contributing to the "PILUM Journal," in a military way, for the next issue. which will be due out on the first of September of this year. :)

Respectfully;
Marcus Audens
Editor, "PILUM Journal"
Praefectus, Collegium Militarium
Marcus Minucius Audens

Previous

Return to Collegium Militarium