[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4855: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4857: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4858: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4859: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Roman Republic: Res publica Romana • View topic - PILVM Newsletter, Volume I, Issue I

PILVM Newsletter, Volume I, Issue I

This Collegium is devoted to discussion, research and the contribution to the Roman Republic of Articles, pictures, drawings, military reenactment, questions, comments and all other material relating to the purpose of the Militarium (Ancient Roman Military). Collegium Website: http://militarium.romanrepublic.org/ | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... itarium/41

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Marca Marcia, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Paullus Aemilius Gallus, Aula Flavia Philippa

PILVM Newsletter, Volume I, Issue I

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Mon May 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Salvete omnes!

Please find attached the first issue of the PILVM Journal of the Collegium Militarium. Much thanks to everyone who contributed articles and information. If you have a contribution, the next issue will be released on September 1st. Send your articles and information to our Praefectus, Marcus Audens. Enjoy!

Optime valete,
Triarius

PILVM I-I.pdf
PILVM Journal, Volume I, Issue I
(4.92 MiB) Downloaded 132 times
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS
lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com

Lucius Vitellius Triarius
Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Re: PILVM Newsletter, Volume I, Issue I

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue May 31, 2016 2:18 am

"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Tue May 31, 2016 4:23 am

Wait, were there more colors?
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS

Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue May 31, 2016 4:47 am

White and GREEN if I am not mistaken :P
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucius Vitellius Triarius » Tue May 31, 2016 5:28 am

OH, yeah...was that GREEN or BLUE-GREEN, LOL?
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS

Apollinis Sacerdos
Apollinis Sacerdos

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue May 31, 2016 5:41 am

That question could be interesting for our Sarmatian citizens xD (Russian doesn't seem to differentiate completely Blue and Green if I'm not mistaken)
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Marcus Flavius Celsus » Tue May 31, 2016 8:54 am

Salve, Victor!

About your question:
In russian we don't have problem with green, but have two different words for "blue" color - it's "голубой" for sky blue and other "blue" colors what have a lighter shade, and "синий" for blue and other "blue" colors what have a darker shade.

If you copy-paste this russian words in Google Translate, you get one translation for both of them.

----

Great work, Triarius! Very impressed!
Marcus Flavius Celsus
Senator
Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus

Postby Gaia Cassia Longina » Tue May 31, 2016 2:14 pm

Not relating to the colors, I just want to say this is wonderful! I didn't know that cooking and recipes could be included! Next time, I will submit some of mine!
Gaia Cassia Longina

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Tue May 31, 2016 3:52 pm

In rereading the original reference from which the description of the city of Antioch was created, I found unfortunately that no other colored flags were mentioned. Perhaps Red and Blue, at the time that the reference was written, were the only flags recognized and the remainder of the colors came later. Of course, such is merely a surmise, but it certainly indicates what the original writer was impressed with, as he wrote the ancient script. Something that I happen to agree with totally (Grin!).

Respectfully;
Marcus Audens
Marcus Minucius Audens

Postby Publius Iunius Brutus » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:37 am

Brutus sal.

Superb, simply superb!

This is exactly the type of thing I hoped the Roman Republic and in particular, the Collegium Militarium would produce. You have outdone yourselves! A huge congratulations upon the publishing of your first edition of the PILVM!

Publius Iunius Brutus
Consul
Consul
Senator
Senator
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Martis et Minervae Sacerdos
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Lictor Curiatus Magister
Augur
Augur

Next