[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4855: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4857: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4858: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4859: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Roman Republic: Res publica Romana • View topic - New Members!!

New Members!!

This Collegium is devoted to discussion, research and the contribution to the Roman Republic of Articles, pictures, drawings, military reenactment, questions, comments and all other material relating to the purpose of the Militarium (Ancient Roman Military). Collegium Website: http://militarium.romanrepublic.org/ | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... itarium/41

Moderators: Publius Iunius Brutus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Marca Marcia, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Paullus Aemilius Gallus, Aula Flavia Philippa

New Members!!

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:33 pm

Citizens of Collegium Militarium;

We have two new citizens today!

>>>> Gaius Acilius Draco;
>>>> Lucius Aurelius Curio.

We are pleasd to welcome you both to the Collegium and we hope that you will partake of and enjoy our selected program. We are in the throes of selecting a number of officer selections for the Militarium and their requirements. These can be found on todays page and the previous day's page of the Daily Forum. We hope that you will enter into this vote about these and about the acceptace of the proposed flag for the Collegium.

I would ask both of you to consider introducing yourselves and further consider discussing the following items:

--What you hope to gain by your joining the Collegium;
--Your greatest interest area in the Roman Military;
--Your favorite Roman Military hero;
--Your favorite book or referrance regarding Roman Military History.

Information about yourself and your likes helps us to get to know you a little better!

Welcome to The Collegium Militarium and we hope that you will enjoy your stay here!

Respectfully'
Marcus Audens
Praefectus Castrorum (temporary)
Marcus Minucius Audens

Re: New Members!!

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:44 am

Curio Audens Sal.

Thank you for your very gracious welcome, I do appreciate it. I have bounced the idea around for a while about joining. I am a veteran of the US Army, and thus am naturally drawn to military based things. I think the thing that I hope to get out of this most is a community of like minded individuals, people who are also interested in the Roman Military. My areas of interest are torn between the espionage aspects (though they were limited) of the Republic and Empire, and the Gladiator events. As you may know, I am the Editor of the Societas Gladiatoria so its a very high level of interest for me personally.

As anyone who knows me well knows, I am a huge fan of Emperor Lucius Domitius Aurelianus Augustus. He is definitely my favorite Roman military hero. To me, he's short of a legend in the things that he was able to accomplish throughout his life, even before he became Emperor. It is quite sad that his reign was cut short by treachery, or else he would've been able to accomplish much much more, I believe. But I shall stop myself there, or else I fear I may ramble on without end!

Thank you once more for your warm reception here to the Collegium Militarium, and I hope to help how I may to further this wonderful and needed organization.

Vale Bene!

L. Aurelius Curio
Vis per Unitatem Romanam

Lucius Aurelius Curio
Augur
Augur
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos