Congratulations to the new Magistri

The purpose of this collegium is to establish a group for those interested in ancient philosophy and a place where philosophical discussion and study may take place. Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... sophiae/42

Moderators: Marca Marcia, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Paullus Aemilius Gallus, Aula Flavia Philippa

Congratulations to the new Magistri

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:16 am

Salvete collegae!

It is the Kalends of January and therefore this Collegium has a new leadership. I am proud to pass on our offices to Mania Aurelia Apollonia and Spurius Iuventius Catulus, who I am confident will be able to revive the spirit of this important Collegium.
This Collegium is more essential to our Republic as many citizens might be aware of. Different from modern world religions, which include both cultus and philosophy, the Religio Romana is only a religion and therefore does not provide ethical guidance or explain the world to its followers. It only regulates the proper ceremonies according to the Pax Deorum.
It is philosophy that gives meaning to the life of a Roman. So it is the task of this Collegium to give guidance to the citizens of our Republic. This is a great responsibility and should explain the necessity, why this Collegium has to continue and to prosper, because it is the heart of our Republic and of Romanitas.
Congratulations to both of our new leaders and our best wishes for the continuation of this important task. I am sure I do not only speak for myself here, but also in the name of my esteemed colleague Caeso Cispius Laevus.

With effect of now I have formally stepped down, but my colleague Caeso Cispius Laevus has not done so yet. Maybe he should be reminded of it. Otherwise the Curule Aediles should be told to remove him from the list of leaders to complete the transition.
Due to a technical problem it was not possible to step down as a leader without resigning the membership of the Collegium (The webmaster should look into that.). However I would like to continue to be a member of this Collegium. So perhaps one of the two new magistri can approve my membership application.

I would like to use this opportunity to render a short report of my term in office.

The following things have been accomplished:
  • The name of the Collegium was changed from Collegium Philosophiae to the more proper Collegium Philosophicum.
  • The obsolete bylaws were replaced with a new set of Latin bylaws.
  • Orderly elections of the new leadership of the Collegium were successfully held.

The Collegium had no expenses during my term. The Collegium had 135 denarii when I took office and it still has the same balance available.

Once again my best wishes to our successors!

Curate ut valeatis atque nostrum collegium valeat et prosperet.
C. Florius Lupus
Gaius Florius Lupus

Re: Congratulations to the new Magistri

Postby Spurius Iuventius Catulus » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:28 am

Thank you, Lupus, for your kind words and for your service. I know I look forward to serving the Collegium.
Spurius Iuventius Catulus
"The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it."
Procurator, Province of Missuria
Spurius Iuventius Catulus
Governor of Missuria
Governor of Missuria

Return to Collegium Philosophicum