Call for candidates for co-leadership of Collegium Philosophiae

The purpose of this collegium is to establish a group for those interested in ancient philosophy and a place where philosophical discussion and study may take place. Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... sophiae/42

Moderators: Marca Marcia, Gaius Flavius Aetius, Paullus Aemilius Gallus, Aula Flavia Philippa

Re: Call for candidates for co-leadership of Collegium Philosophiae

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:38 am

Lucia Horatia Adamas wrote:L. Horatia Adamas K. Cispio Laevo L. Lucio Senecae omnibusque S.P.D.

Glad to be here! If I am not mistaken, that same officer admitted me to the Latin group…one of too many under a single headship. Cumulatio non est res bona.

Seneca, amice, quo modo sententiam Graecé scriptam híc ponere potuisti? Scio systema cum 'ampersand' et ';' sed illo modo accentús, etc., uti non possumus. Nunc illo uti conar: ω Multa philosophica Graecé scripta sunt.

Valete!

After I, Brutus and Curio reminded her of it many many times, amica. Took her forever to finally approve you there and only after a lot of insistence in our part.
"Ignis aurum probat" - Seneca
C. Curtius L. f. Vot. Philo Aurelianus
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:46 am

L. Livius Horatiae Adamanti sal.

Lucia Horatia Adamas wrote:Seneca, amice, quo modo sententiam Graecé scriptam híc ponere potuisti? Scio systema cum 'ampersand' et ';' sed illo modo accentús, etc., uti non possumus. Nunc illo uti conar: ω Multa philosophica Graecé scripta sunt.

Valete!

In iPad meo, claviaturam in litteras Graecas possum convertere (hanc imaginem vide). In computatro autem tabula litterarum laboriose utor.

Vale.
Lucius Livius Seneca

Postby Lucia Horatia Adamas » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:21 am

L. Horatia Adamas C. Curtio Philoni omnibusque L. Livio Senecae S.P.D.

Oh? I wondered why it had taken so long…thanks very much for your efforts! I suspected that she might not exactly welcome my addition to one of her pet groups. I had even written to her about the philosophy group, and didn't get much of an answer.

Seneca, I see that the 'ampersand' version did not work; in other systems putting the name of the Greek letter between an ampersand and a semicolon produces the letter, but there is no way to do the diacritics. I think I have that table of Greek letters somewhere, and may have to use it sometime.

Gratias, et valete!
Lucia Horatia Adamas

Postby Gaius Florius Lupus » Tue May 09, 2017 2:29 am

It looks like my candidacy will not be valid, since I have not been formally approved as member of the collegium even one year after my application.
Gaius Florius Lupus

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Tue May 09, 2017 2:48 am

L. Livius C. Florio sal.

I have no doubt that either the Curule Aedilitas or the Praetura would be able to resolve this for you, Gai Flori. You should contact either.

Vale.
Lucius Livius Seneca

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue May 09, 2017 3:00 am

Gaius Florius Lupus wrote:It looks like my candidacy will not be valid, since I have not been formally approved as member of the collegium even one year after my application.

Another absurd of Cassia... She did the same with Horatia Adamas in the CL.

I would not be surprised if she did this just out of spite because she didn't like you...

I'm sure the Praetura and/or the Aedilitas will resolve this injustice.
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Tue May 09, 2017 3:48 am

I will speak to Aedile Horatius on this matter personally. C. Florius Lupus has been a major figure in Collegium Philosiphiae for a long time, and I can see no reason his request to join wouldn't have been accepted.

I hope we can remedy this injustice quickly, and I can think of no one better for leadership of this collegium than Lupus.
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Augur
Augur
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Fortunae Sacerdos
Fortunae Sacerdos

Postby Gaius Curtius Philo » Tue May 09, 2017 5:19 am

Lucius Aurelius Curio wrote:I will speak to Aedile Horatius on this matter personally. C. Florius Lupus has been a major figure in Collegium Philosiphiae for a long time, and I can see no reason his request to join wouldn't have been accepted.

I hope we can remedy this injustice quickly, and I can think of no one better for leadership of this collegium than Lupus.

He certainly has my vote ;)
Gaius Curtius Philo

Postby Lucia Horatia Adamas » Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 am

L. Horatia Adamas C. Curtio Philoni L. Livio Senecae L. Aurelio Curioni C. Florio Lupo omnibusque S.P.D.

My, this has gotten interesting! Long time members aren't really members after all? It may not be that Cassia doesn't like us…but that she didn't want any rivals! My introduction in Latin to that collegium may have spooked her. I still haven't been able to get into the artistic collegium…

Those of you who can write Greek, that language so important for philosophy, might want to try a method I mentioned earlier, but without the reference. Here I cannot get the proper portion to copy, but perhaps one may use this information to access the page: KATERINA SARRI WEBTOPOS - GLYPHS It has a table of all Greek letters (including ones not ordinarily used) and diacritics. One must scroll to the second page, and this forum might not support the ampersand with semicolon system. My attempt at that failed.

Valete!
Lucia Horatia Adamas

Postby Lucius Livius Seneca » Tue May 09, 2017 4:06 pm

L. Livius mag. Collegii Latinae Horatiae Adamanti aliis philosophis sal.

I wonder if there is a possibility of adding an optional Greek keyboard to the forum posting software. phpBB is typically pretty friendly with custom add-ons. Perhaps this is a project the Collegia Latinae and Philosophiae (sic) could jointly commission C. Cominius to try and implement?

Vale et valete.
Lucius Livius Seneca

PreviousNext

Return to Collegium Philosophicum