Veteran's Day

The purpose of this colligium is to establish a group for those citizens of the republic that are currently serving or have served in the uniformed military service of their home country (this means real, actual military service as opposed to reenacting) for networking, socialization and brotherhood. Additionally, we understand that no organization of veterans is complete without their family members so we invite the loved ones of veterans to join and extend a welcoming hand to those that reenact the honorable and mighty legions of Rome to join our ranks. | Join at: http://romanrepublic.org/civitas/joint_ ... rani%20/40

Moderators: Marcus Flavius Celsus, Lucius Aurelius Curio, Gaius Valerius Scipio, Octavius Aurelius Augustus, Titus Aurelius Apollinaris, Quintus Pollius Calvus

Veteran's Day

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:54 pm

To all my Veteran Friends;

I am afraid that I am a bit behind the wave about Veteran's Day, but the last few days have been busier than usual, with both my wife's chores and my own, tending an injured wife, and the house, with winter coming on. My most sincere apologies!

However, I did want to honor my felow veterans for the service to their country, in modern times as well as those who suffered combat, injury, and death in the service of the ancient armies. The Honor, Valor, and Duty of those who served, whether deep in the trenches, or at the military planning table, is a major factor in the maintenance of the civilization that one has come to realize and live with. Therfore, when an invader comes, or a situation arises which cannot be accepted peacefully, the veteran is called upon to solve it in another way. So for those who have served, I take a moment to stand proudly and salute you with a firm hand, while saying aloud, the ancient military phrase, "WELL DONE!" I wish for all, a peaceful life, or a long and peaceful sleep for a job well accomplished!

Respectfully Submitted :
Marcus Audens
Marcus Minucius Audens

Re: Veteran's Day

Postby Appius Galerius Apollonius » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Salve,Honorable Sir,

Thank you for your service,and all those within the Republic.I would like to be counted as a Veteran here.I am as USA,Vietnam Veteran.

Respectfully,
Appius Galerius Apollonius
Appius Galerius Apollonius

Postby Marcus Aurelius Seianus » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Salve Appius Galerius Apollonius

As a Viet Nam veteran, you will always be honored and respected for your service. You are with fellow brothers in arms here. I sir, salute you for your service.
Marcus Aurelius Seianus

Ordo Equester
Legatus Legio X Cohor III
Praefectus Legionus
Marcus Aurelius Seianus
Governor of Eria
Governor of Eria

Postby Marcus Minucius Audens » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:49 am

Appius Galerius Apollonius;

My thanks for your very kind words. You are certainly welcome in the Collegium Veterani. Have you applied as yet for entrance to the Collegium? If not the Collegium Commander Aedile Curio, can give you directions to do so. We welcome you to join the Veterani!

Respectfully;
Marcus Audens
Marcus Minucius Audens

Return to Collegium Veterani