Update On Upcoming Ludi

Official Ludi events occur here! Look here to participate in the ludi cultural events and competitions! For more information on ludi festivals go here: http://romanrepublic.org/bibliotheca/wiki/ludi.html

Moderators: Gaius Flavius Aetius, Marca Marcia, Aula Flavia Philippa, Paullus Aemilius Gallus

Update On Upcoming Ludi

Postby Lucius Aurelius Curio » Wed May 25, 2016 6:53 am

Salvete Omnes!

We approach not one, but two Ludi in the near future. It is my goal to get as much participation out of our Republic as possible, so I'm going to try to alert the public to the upcoming Ludi beforehand so that we can increase that number exponentially.

First of all, we have the Ludi Piscatorii, which I am organizing with our esteemed Praetor Peregrinus, L. Curtius Philo. Traditionally this was a religious time devoted to fishermen and Father Tiber. For this Ludi we are planning on hosting two contests, both of which we have hosted before. The first would be a poetry contest. The topic of these poems are to be based on rivers, Father Tiber, Neptunus, and fishermen/fishing. It is my hope that people will focus also on their local river gods (yes, they exist!). This should open up a good deal of understanding of others geographical locations that we maybe weren't aware of previously. The second contest will be a cooking one. Primarily, given the fishermen theme, people will prepare dishes centered around fishing. This is especially true in the United States area because I know a lot of states just came into their fishing openers. I hope to see as many people as possible posting their favorite dishes or recipes!

Secondly, we are upcoming on the Ludi Apollinares. This is also a major Ludi that we will be entering into, one that spans for a good solid week of merriment and fun. Traditionally the Ludi Apollinares lsted 8-9 days and was held in honor of Apollo himself. I will be working closely with our hard working Praetor Urbanus, G. Atius Victor, as well as our future Curule Aedile once he/she is selected after the upcoming Comitia Tributa. I have been working for some time on a system for us to use for Gladiatoria Munera (Gladiator vs Gladiator combat) and Venationes (Gladiator vs. Beast combat). I will release more details on this as we draw closer to it, but I want to take this opportunity to encourage those who wish to participate to start thinking about a faction to join, if you haven't already. Traditionally all gladiators belonged to a faction, much as with charioteers. So sticking with the example of Rome of antiquity, I will only be accepting entries from citizens who are part of these factiones. It is free and only takes a matter of seconds to apply for. I hope to see as many participants as possible at these games!

That is all for now. I shall keep everyone updated as things draw closer to both Ludi!

Di vos incolumes custodiant!

Lucius Aurelius Curio
Plebeian Aedile
Lucius Aurelius Curio
Censor
Censor
Proconsul
Proconsul
Lictor Curiatus
Lictor Curiatus
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Princeps Senatus: Senator
Augur
Augur

Re: Update On Upcoming Ludi

Postby Marcus Livius Horatius » Fri May 27, 2016 12:38 am

Aedile! Thank you for the report! I'm looking forward to the games!
Marcus Livius Horatius
Curule Aedile
Curule Aedile

Return to Ludi: Events